Will Oremus @WillOremus oh-REE-mus. Senior writer for OneZero at @medium: onezero.medium.com/ Past: @slate. I write about how tech shapes us. DM for Signal. Sep. 28, 2018 1 min read

NEWS: Facebook's Guy Rosen just confirmed that the breach would have allowed hackers to access not only your Facebook account, but your accounts on other sites where you used Facebook as your login.

Also—separate from the question of third-party apps—Facebook says users affected by the breach who have Instagram or Oculus accounts linked to their Facebook account will have to un-link and re-link them.

For those asking: Rosen confirmed this to me on a conference call with reporters just now.

Hat tip to @Chronotope for asking the question on Twitter, which prompted me to ask it on the call.

You can follow @WillOremus.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.