Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Wednesdays at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion May. 07, 2019 1 min read

I remember someone commenting recently that for a movie that made so much, Avatar left almost no lasting cultural impact, and I seriously cannot stop thinking about it. It was entirely unremarkable, forgettable, yet I distinctly remember what a big deal it was at the time.

I remember seeing it in the cinema, I remember what a huge fuss those 3D glasses were and how strict the staff were with getting them back at the end, and I remember the massive queues. I distinctly remember all of the hype surround it, it was something everyone had to see!

Sam Worthington just kinda came and went as well, didn't he? A charisma void of an actor who always has this dumbfounded look on his face, as if he wasn't sure whether or not he locked the front door to his house. But he was oddly the next big thing around that time. It's weird.

Comparatively, we're still talking about The Matrix to this day!

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.