DHH @dhh Creator of Ruby on Rails, Founder & CTO at Basecamp, NYT best-selling author, and Le Mans 24h class-winning racing driver. Jul. 16, 2019 1 min read

If you look inside “your deepest core” and all you see is “hard work”, I’d schedule some time with a psychotherapist before worrying about applying for a new job.

I commend InEvent for quickly scrubbing their job description of the most toxic garbage, but what's left just doesn't make a lot of sense: "You must like to work... if you don't believe that is the case, please don't apply". Do they get that many applicants not wanting to work?!

Also: Why you should not work with us. Point 1: We are always learning something new. I mean, what? Who are all these candidates who read about a company "learning something new" and going OH, THAT'S NOT FOR ME! NOOOOPE.

You can follow @dhh.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.