[email protected]+ Your Authors @Jason angel: @uber @thumbtack @wealthfront @datastax @robinhoodapp @desktopmetal @calm @launch thisweekinstartups.com/ angelthebook.com/ Aug. 17, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

An amazingly generous, but perhaps unnecessary, apology from @Joi for taking grants from a monster who hid in plain sight — #Epstein.

Epstein was a charming sociopath who hid his crimes by giving money to researchers trying to make the world better.
 https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/my-apology-regarding-jeffrey-epstein/ 

I met Epstein around five times in my life, as he came to a couple of my Silicon Alley Reporter events, TED & other events. He was smart, well-read & engaging... like a serial killer!

He clearly crafted this philanthropist, jet-setting powerbroker image to cover for his crimes.

Interestingly, some folks like me, @xeni & @rushkoff were never invited on his jet or to the island retreats -- which is kind of interesting in & of itself.

If you took a donation from Epstein for a good cause, you got hoodwinked by a sociopath--you did nothing wrong @Joi.

This Epstein controversy highlight for everyone the need to be on guard when big-money individuals come calling with generous donations & investments

Of course, no amount of reasonable researcher would have given @Joi or @Harvard the ability to know his well-hidden crimes

You can follow @Jason.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.