David Perell+ Your Authors @david_perell "The Writing Guy" | I tweet about business, online learning, and Internet writing | My Podcast: perell.com/podcast | My writing school: writeofpassage.school/ Nov. 11, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

Can’t recommend this video enough.

It’s a short talk by @patrickc, from 2013.

It’s geared towards startups who want to scale up their business.

10/10.

https://youtu.be/y_4emS6D4og 

Key points:

• Make something people want is good advice.

• Always maximize customer happiness is great advice.

• “For pretty much every feature we’ve ever built, or any aspect of the product, we’ve been ruthlessly unscalable about it.”

• “For the scale that I’m at, how can I make users the happiest they can possibly be?”

• For a while, an actual person monitored every Stripe transaction to look for fraud.

• When Stripe launched, employees wrote Thank You cards to customers, signed by everybody on the team.

You can follow @david_perell.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader