Eric Garland @ericgarland Strategic intelligence analyst for corporations and governments. My private channel here! t.co/aA6dyqtGVF May. 25, 2018 1 min read

Dear NBC: this is not "business intelligence." Black Cube is hostile foreign intelligence operating on US soil. (Tied to Russia, FYI.)

My colleagues and I practice "business intelligence." We seek information on competitors though legal and ethical practices. Marketing, product launches, corporate strategy - that kinda thing.

This is a firm that terrorizes US citizens and runs operations against our diplomats.

IT IS NOT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE. THAT'S RUSSIAN INTEL RUNNING BLACK OPS.

If you are trying to see if your competitor's new product is really going to launch in September or if they'll be late: business intel.

If you dress up like an actress Harvey raped and try to pick her kid up from daycare: BLACK OPS. ESPIONAGE.

If you are trying to understand the go-to-market strategy for a peanut butter brand: business intel.

TRYING TO DISRUPT A COUNTRY'S LAW ENFORCEMENT AGAINST THE MOB: BLACK OPS  https://www.timesofisrael.com/israelis-arrested-for-spying-on-romanian-anti-corruption-czar/ 

So NBC - Black Cube was attacking Romania in 2016.

Not sure why you couldn't use Google when writing this story.

Or actually. Maybe I am. </>

You can follow @ericgarland.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.