Bob From Brockley @bobfrombrockley Eating bacon bagels on the 171 bus, listening to Johnny Cash while reading Hannah Arendt, the kid next to me playing dubstep on his telephone. Sep. 27, 2018 1 min read

[thread] I'm a big fan of nationalised utilities, universal childcare, green jobs,worker share ownership & other policies unveiled at #Lab18

...but the whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth. Here are some of the reasons why:

1/ The determination of part of the leadership to push Brexit, which will be disastrous for working class people:

2/ The poses the Novara/Repeater intelligentsia adopt to give that determination cover:

3/ In fact the whole hipster-Leninist shtick of the Novara cool kids, with their shiny new American buddies:

4/ The desire to appease xenophobes, inheriting one of the worst habits of the Blair/Brown years:
 https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/john-mcdonnell/news/98442/peoples-vote-brexit-could-fuel-far 

5/ The dogma from union leaders that "working class" means white old men, never minorities, migrant workers or the urban precariat:

6/ The mix of Stalinism and tinfoil hat conspiracy that is in the leader's inner circle:

7/ The fucked up priorities of Momentum-following CLP activists:

8/ The selective solidarity:

9/ The zombie army:

10/ The apparent desire to troll Jews:

11/ The embarrassing obsession with punishing our own party's MPs:

12/ The cranks attracted to the party:

I think that's it for now.

Of course, because Labour is a genuinely mass party, with more of a democratic member conference (rather than stage managed rally like some other parties, some of this inevitable. But I wish it were kept more to the fringes...

A reminder that however fucked up Labour is, the Tories have absolutely zero moral high ground in criticising it:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-45670445 

You can follow Bob From Brockley.

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Tell @jack.

Download Threader on iOS.