Carole Cadwalladr @carolecadwalla Late adopter. Late giver-upper. Guardian & Observer writer. Nov. 01, 2018 1 min read

I'm sorry @bbclaurak but I fundamentally disagree with this. You fail to reflect the scale & import of the alleged wrong-doing. You make predictions about its impact based on this faulty analysis. And in so doing, you're playing an active & (inappropriate) part in its fall-out

The political fall-out depends upon 2 things: 1) The press 2) Parliament. Your role as @BBC political editor gives you pivotal role in both. It's hugely premature to second-guess impact in place of reporting the story. Whether you can see it or not, you are steering the reaction

An alternative analysis..

I have no idea what the political fall-out will be. Because that's a matter for politicians. And it hasn't fallen out yet.

You can follow @carolecadwalla.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.