Dan Abramov @dan_abramov Started in Visual Basic and still chasing that high • he/him Dec. 27, 2018 1 min read

Don’t mean to pile on — but genuinely curious if something can explain this sentiment in more detail. Those PHP+AJAX scripts would still work, right?

Or is it more about shifting consumer expectations?

I mean there’s nobody preventing you from running your own server and editing PHP with Vim in production via a tmux session, and sprinkling some $.ajax() calls here and there in the output. Nobody forbade that

If it’s so “unpopular” then you get to be a real contrarian and win Hacker News points. You’re a step away from writing a store in LISP

One take on this I can understand is about getting employed. It sucks if you have to do things differently “just because” and don’t agree with the changes.

But this was about bootstrapping a product?

Let’s use whatever we’re productive with. I have no idea how containers work and don’t care to find out until I feel the need. Somebody might feel that way about React or webpack and that’s totally healthy too.

You can follow @dan_abramov.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.