Building a new app:
🔥 Tinder Photo A/B Testing
1. Upload your 2 photos
2. Community votes
3. You know which photo is better
Please give your feedback: https://facerank.app
Will share progress in this thread 👇
This is a new project & challenge for me:
From $0 to $3k in 3 months
🛠️ Building a new app
😢 Solving my own problems
🙅♀️ Not crypto related [sorry!]
My long-distance relationship came to an end last month 😿
So I’m back on Tinder. 😺
On Tinder, your 1st picture is the most important thing in your profile!
If you have a bad picture:
- Not only you’ll be SWIPED LEFT
- but your Tinder ELO score will also drop and you’ll be shown to even fewer people!
- Profiles that you'll see will also be not as 🌶️ hot.
Both guys and girls often choose a pretty bad picture of themselves.
They think their pic is great, but it’s not.
Example: you can’t see the face / sunglasses on / frowning face / no smile / other people in the picture, etc…
1. You upload your 2 photos you want to A/B test.
2. Other people vote. In the meantime you also vote and earn points.
3. Once your poll results are ready, you user earned points to unlock the result.
- Solve my own problem. Optimise Tinder the same way I optimise SEO 🤓
- Build simple product and set it on autopilot.
- Set up consistent traffic channels | Influencers, content, backlinks, etc.
📈 Goals (Part 2):
- If no one needs it, I'll ruthlessly kill it in 3 months or sooner
- Keep it simple stupid: fewer features = less bugs = less time wasted
- Charge $10-20 for A/B test results and maybe other premium features
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
There are still ton of bugs in the app.
When you see a bug — just Tweet them here or DM me or email: [email protected]
Thank you! 🙏
Based on user feedback, I'm adding gender settings to 🧔 Facerank.
But it's 2019 and gender is not as simple as Male and Female anymore:
- Facebook has 71 gender options
- Tinder has 37 gender options
Q: How many people in Bay Area will be offended if I have only 3 options?
🧔 Facerank numbers after Reddit, Product Hunt and Hacker News launch:
😃 187 - Users signed up
📸 498 - Photos uploaded
👍 39044 - Votes on photos
🔓 192 - Result unlocks
💬 52 - Total Photo comments
💰 $0 - Revenue
📢 122 - feedback comments from Reddit+PH+HN+email
Numbers after Product Hunt (Feb 20th) but before Reddit (Feb 21st):
😃 76 - Users signed up
📸 164 - Photos uploaded
👍 13720 - Votes on photos
🔓 54 - Result unlocks
💬 32 - Total Photo comments
Reddit (r/Tinder) drove more traffic and engagement than PH + HN combined
🧔 Facerank numbers & updates after 6 months:
😃 313 - Users signed up
📸 924 - Photos uploaded
👍 52996 - Votes on photos
🔓 319 - Result unlocks
💬 76 - Total Photo comments
💰 $0 - Revenue
🕑 0 hours - I spent in the past 3 months on this project. Should I get back to it?
You can follow @ksaitor.