Building a new app:
🔥 Tinder Photo A/B Testing
1. Upload your 2 photos
2. Community votes
3. You know which photo is better
Please give your feedback: https://facerank.app
Will share progress in this thread 👇
This is a new project & challenge for me:
From $0 to $3k in 3 months
🛠️ Building a new app
😢 Solving my own problems
🙅♀️ Not crypto related [sorry!]
My long-distance relationship came to an end last month 😿
So I’m back on Tinder. 😺
On Tinder, your 1st picture is the most important thing in your profile!
If you have a bad picture:
- Not only you’ll be SWIPED LEFT
- but your Tinder ELO score will also drop and you’ll be shown to even fewer people!
- Profiles that you'll see will also be not as 🌶️ hot.
Both guys and girls often choose a pretty bad picture of themselves.
They think their pic is great, but it’s not.
Example: you can’t see the face / sunglasses on / frowning face / no smile / other people in the picture, etc…
1. You upload your 2 photos you want to A/B test.
2. Other people vote. In the meantime you also vote and earn points.
3. Once your poll results are ready, you user earned points to unlock the result.
- Solve my own problem. Optimise Tinder the same way I optimise SEO 🤓
- Build simple product and set it on autopilot.
- Set up consistent traffic channels | Influencers, content, backlinks, etc.
📈 Goals (Part 2):
- If no one needs it, I'll ruthlessly kill it in 3 months or sooner
- Keep it simple stupid: fewer features = less bugs = less time wasted
- Charge $10-20 for A/B test results and maybe other premium features
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
There are still ton of bugs in the app.
When you see a bug — just Tweet them here or DM me or email: [email protected]
Thank you! 🙏
Based on user feedback, I'm adding gender settings to 🧔 Facerank.
But it's 2019 and gender is not as simple as Male and Female anymore:
- Facebook has 71 gender options
- Tinder has 37 gender options
Q: How many people in Bay Area will be offended if I have only 3 options?
🧔 Facerank numbers after Reddit, Product Hunt and Hacker News launch:
😃 187 - Users signed up
📸 498 - Photos uploaded
👍 39044 - Votes on photos
🔓 192 - Result unlocks
💬 52 - Total Photo comments
💰 $0 - Revenue
📢 122 - feedback comments from Reddit+PH+HN+email
Numbers after Product Hunt (Feb 20th) but before Reddit (Feb 21st):
😃 76 - Users signed up
📸 164 - Photos uploaded
👍 13720 - Votes on photos
🔓 54 - Result unlocks
💬 32 - Total Photo comments
Reddit (r/Tinder) drove more traffic and engagement than PH + HN combined
🧔 Facerank numbers & updates after 6 months:
😃 313 - Users signed up
📸 924 - Photos uploaded
👍 52996 - Votes on photos
🔓 319 - Result unlocks
💬 76 - Total Photo comments
💰 $0 - Revenue
🕑 0 hours - I spent in the past 3 months on this project. Should I get back to it?
You can follow @ksaitor.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.