Teri Kanefield+ Your Authors @Teri_Kanefield Author, lawyer (UC Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ NBC News Opinion contributor Impeachment notes: impeachment-trump.com/ Feb. 25, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

(Thread) weekly roundup

I usually do my weekly roundups on Sunday, but I wrote a thread yesterday (who expected a Special Counsel document to become available on a Saturday!?)

So here it is on Monday.

#1: The Manafort Sentencing memo

#2: The evidence we're waiting for is right there in the Mueller court filings.

Yes, more is coming: More details will be filled in.

But Mueller has given us the contours:

#3: A frequently asked question, “Is it too late to save our Democracy?”

Of course not.

The fear mongering is dangerous and self-fulfilling: If people think it’s too late, they’ll give up and won't do the things necessary to save the democracy.

#4: The theory that the GOP kowtows to Russia because they are all compromised gives too much credit to the GOP and overlooks the Russian-American-right-wing-love affair.

(There can also be kompromat. The theories are not mutually exclusive)

#5: and finally, Roger Stone, Russian Hackers, and the Rule of Law, or “what drove Roger Stone’s temper tantrum.”

Five threads this week! I keep saying I'll write 3 each week, then stuff happens.

So, probably 4-5 weekly in the foreseeable future.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.