Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Mar. 02, 2019 1 min read

I was alerted to the fact that you used this study to defend the position that most 3rd trimester abortions are maternal convenience
1) this study 2nd trimester
2) it specifically excludes medical indications (maternal and fetal) so it has the wrong denominator for you

So @DouthatNYT most abortions after 24 weeks are fetal anomalies and maternal health. They are $20k so unaffordable for “convenience.” Happy to have a chat with you about the realities. I’ve practiced in a state with no gestational age limit

I realize you don’t owe me anything @DouthatNYT but it does surprise me that each time this issue comes up and I try to engage with you, no name calling just pointing out your errors, I hear nothing. I’m an expert. Don’t you want to be informed by expertise?

You can based on religious beliefs reply abortion is always wrong, but it is factually untrue @DouthatNYT to say abortions after 24 weeks are a convenience. And so if you say all abortion is wrong, you simply believe a fetus has a greater worth than a woman and should own that

I just want forced birthers to own their positions, that’s all. It is not possible to debate or engage based on misinformation, half truths, and lies. If you think a woman should be tortured by delivering her baby born to die, own it. Tell me to my face my agony means nothing.

And if you find the term forced birther pejorative? Don’t be one. It’s accurate. When you campaign for the fetus in ALL WAYS by advocating for free maternity care, mandatory vaccines, stricter IPV laws, gun control and banning tobacco I will call you pro-life.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.