Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC Congresswoman for NY-14 (the Bronx & Queens). In a modern, moral, and wealthy society, no American should be too poor to live. 💯% People-Funded, no lobbyist💰. Mar. 02, 2019 1 min read

Again, didn’t threaten a primary.

I was upset that 26 Dems forced the other 200+ to vote for a pro-ICE provision at the last min without warning.

Because I think an agency that pins children down + forcibly injects them w/ antipsychotic drugs shouldn’t be given more power.

“At [DHS immigrant detention] facility, children recounted being held down for forcible injections, which medical records show are powerful antipsychotics and sedatives.”

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/undocumented-migrant-children-detention-facilities-abuse-invs/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F 

What I DID say was that I had to go back to my district & share the MTR vote to explain why a pro-ICE amendment was slipped into a gun safety law.

Maybe they’re mad bc I don’t believe pro-ICE expansion votes should be cast in the dark, and people deserve to know what happened.

#MomsDemand & #MarchForOurLives activists, who flew in from across the country, were watching from the gallery, crying + confused.

I ran up to them *during the vote* and explained that the gotcha amendment pinned gun safety against immigration advocacy. Its intent was to divide.

If you’re mad that I think people SHOULD KNOW when Dems vote to expand ICE powers, then be mad.

ICE is a dangerous agency with 0 accountability, widespread reporting of rape, abuse of power, + children dying in DHS custody.

Having a D next to your name doesn’t make that right.

You can follow @AOC.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.