David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. Mar. 10, 2019 1 min read

Working at Vox, occasionally people sign me up for random newsletters. Now I'm getting one from a conservative Christian place that is ... supposed to be funny? Stuff like this: "Devout Atheist Playing 'Minecraft' Patiently Waits For Complex Structures To Build Themselves" 😕

It is very difficult for conservatives/reactionaries to be funny. They are ultimately about defending the status quo & the powers that be, and there are only so many ways to say, "ha ha, look at those people who are different! ha ha!"

The "hack gap" on the left and the "comedy gap" on the right both have the same origins, I think.

It has come to my attention that some of you don't know what the "hack gap" is. Here:  https://www.vox.com/2018/10/23/18004478/hack-gap-explained 

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.