1) Adam Schiff's father, Frank Ephraim Schiff, is my "second cousin's husband's uncle's wife's first cousin's husband's first cousin once removed." (Source: http://Geni.com )
4) The prominent Jacob Schiff, whose father Moses was broker to the Rothschilds, was born in Frankfurt Germany and is not related to Adam Schiff as far as I can tell.
5) For those of you expressing sympathy, I appreciate that, but the larger point I wanted to make is this: We are all connected to one another.
Fun fact: Albert Einstein is my "second cousin thrice removed's wife's third cousin once removed's ex-partner."
6) Inspired by the character of Chuck Rhoades on @SHO_Billions,
tonight I would like to focus on Adam Schiff.
--How did he start out in life?
--Why did he change? How? Where is the evidence?
--What's with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters link?
--Generally, how do good people go bad?
7) More later, please G-d.
8) October 11, 1987: “Big Brothers Try Harder to Screen Out Molesters” - @latimes https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-10-11-me-13308-story.html …
9) Seemingly respectable people: accountant, “noted UCLA professor” — they used the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program to find victims.
10) “A child molester is very sophisticated in his approach to molesting kids. It's so difficult to interview someone and figure out if that person is a child molester.” - George Salazar, @LAPD detective, “investigates child-abuse cases”
11) “Does he have an inordinate interest in children? Does he hang out at Disneyland or other places designed for children? Does he have a strong interest in cameras and video equipment, possibly for pornographic reasons?”
12) “Are they spending too much time together? Are they only going to the man's home rather than public places? Is the boy moody?”
13) “Another tip-off is the Big Brother who showers the boy with gifts or frequent trips to Disneyland. "It's like any courting situation," Wild said of the child molester out to win the affection of a boy.”
14) “most Big Brother officials are skeptical of such tests. They say there is no test that accurately predicts whether a man will molest a boy. Child molesters fit no rigid profile, they say. And they reject the polygraph test as unreliable.”
15) “In one 1984 case, the Big Brother was a former Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority executive. Another case that year involved a former Bible-class instructor from Burbank.”
16) “The mother of a 14-year-old boy filed a $15-million lawsuit in Van Nuys Superior Court against Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles and her son's Big Brother, Mark D. Yerkes.”
17) “Yerkes, a professional stunt man from Granada Hills, was sentenced by a San Fernando judge to 18 years in prison last year after a jury found him guilty of three counts each of sodomy, oral copulation and lewd conduct with a child.”
18) “Yerkes contends that the troubled boy fabricated the molestation, and Yerkes has filed an appeal.”
19) “the boy testified that Yerkes would show him pornographic magazines and molest him during weekend outings.”
20) “Darrell Dean Richards, an assistant professor of psychology at UCLA....pleaded no contest to sexual battery and lewd conduct stemming from his contact with two boys, one of whom he met through Big Brothers.”
21) “The professor, who teaches adolescent psychology, contends that he did nothing wrong and was merely teaching the boys about sexuality and hygiene”
22) “The mother has learned a lot, she said, about child molesters.”
23) “They come on so nice....making the mother feel comfortable. But the love they put out is to sucker kids in."
24) “BIG BROTHERS + BIG SISTERS = BIG DISASTER?”
Read more at https://mobile.wnd.com/2002/08/14994/#hYiQoe3QTfgzWptz.99 …
25) “Tim Brown, a “Big Brother” and 34-year-old homosexual pedophile, sexually molested his “Little Brother” – a 10-year-old boy the organization should have never placed with him....
“Charges: Aggravated sex abuse of a child, sodomy...sexual exploitation”
26) “Unfortunately, Brown’s case is not out of the ordinary. Go on the Internet yourself and a do a search. In the short time I did, I was shocked at the numerous counts I found of homosexual molestation cases of Big Brothers and Big Sisters nationwide.”
27) February 20, 2012: “After Allegations of Sexual Abuse, Big Brothers Program Ends Sleepovers” http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/02/20/after-allegations-of-sexual-abuse-a-ban-on-sleepovers-for-big-brothers-and-little-brothers …
28) April 28, 2005: “Boy describes sexual assault by mentor”
Las Vegas Review-Journal
“Newly released court documents ...pediatric resident accused of sexually assaulting a 10-year-old boy he met through Big Brothers Big Sisters.”
29) “We are shocked and deeply saddened by the news that he has been identified in connection with allegations of child pornography and sexual assault," the organization said.
"Big Brothers Big Sisters has zero tolerance for abuse and we will continue to refine our practices."
30) “This is sad...a close friend of mine has been heavily involved in BB/BS locally for a lot of years. All of his kids turned out well. It's a shame that many of these good organizations & those involved in them r being ruined by a few”
- posted 4/29/2005 by “fatnotlazy”
31) It is not fair to attack an entire organization for the actions of a few—but we know that pedophiles are drawn to places where kids congregate.
32) What follows is some more information on Adam Schiff’s involvement in Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
He is not alleged by his mentee to be a pedophile.
However I do think a couple of things are concerning.
33) *Correction to Tweet #1 in this thread: That was Adam Schiff’s grandfather, not his father.
34) “L.: In 1986, 25-year-old Adam Schiff gets together with David McMillan, his Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater LA “little brother.”
R.” Cong Adam Schiff & David McMillan were paired 30 years ago through Big Brothers Big Sisters. The two would become lifelong friends.”
36) McMillen replies: “Love this photo! We were both so young!! 😊😊 And yes, be a mentor! It changes lives - it certainly changed mine!”
37) So what is wrong with that?
39) It’s Schiff’s hand. The way it’s clawing over the boy’s shoulder possessively.
40) It’s the way the boy looks boxed in.
42) It’s the overalls Schiff is wearing - child clothes on a grown man.
45) Kurt Stone writes lovingly of Schiff and his decision to become a mentor to McMillan who by all accounts remained a lifelong friend.
46) In 2017, McMillan said about Schiff: ““My ‘big brother’ is leading the resistance and is emerging as a leader not just of the Democratic Party but of all people who care about our democratic institutions and making sure they just survive.” https://jewishjournal.com/cover_story/217845/making-adam-schiff-man-taking-president/amp/ …
47) But this strikes me as odd: This same young man wrote an episode of the show “Lucifer.”
Season 1, Episode 11, April 11, 2016.
The storyline —
48) Lucifer decides to try his hand at philanthropy. He gets a “buzz,” a “strange high” from doing good for a change.
49) I am a writer and I know this very well: People write because they are compelled to work through their demons.
50) No doubt Adam Schiff left a gigantic impression on this young man. Was he writing about Schiff when he wrote about Lucifer-the-philanthropist?
51) If I had to guess at this relationship, I would guess that there was something about Adam Schiff that made this young man feel extremely uncomfortable.
But that the young man also benefited from Schiff’s attention, mentoring and continued association.
52) This may be the central paradox of Adam Schiff: Like Chuck Rhoades in Billions, some elements of greatness, but a gigantic ego and a simmering sense of rage.
54) Reminds me of Patton Oswalt. Paid the medical bills of a Trump supporter. Puts out pedophile...are these jokes?
55) Same with Bill Maher. It’s like this self-righteous, angry attitude combined with red flags - like pro-pedo talk. https://mic.com/articles/169240/bill-maher-milo-yiannopoulos-pedophilia-comments …
57) Let’s keep going.
58) This is Schiff at his Bar Mitzvah.
He has dark circles under his eyes (maybe natural) and he is smiling as though in the midst of saying something smart-alecky.
59) He clearly likes to be on TV. Being an anti-Trumper has helped. “Schiff has been described as becoming an ‘overnight celebrity’ in Democrat circles in the past year." (2017, CNN, no link) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Schiff …
61) June 20, 2006. “The darker side of Rep. Adam Schiff” @thehill
62) “there is nothing in the world that prepares you for the dark side of Schiff.”
63) “But it's there.
Just ask Stephen Colbert.”
64) “After an hour or so of taping...Schiff was invited to finish the sketch by whacking Colbert over the head with a prop bottle.
“He accepted the offer, perhaps with relish, given the roasting he had just received.”
70) From what I can tell, Schiff is not a genuine public servant.
He is simply hungry for the respect, power etc. that public office brings.
71) “Adam called me up and said, ‘Clearly, I don’t know what I’m doing, but I’d like to have a career in elected office,’ ” the political consultant Parke Skelton recalls. “ ‘What do I need to do?” https://story.californiasunday.com/adam-schiff
73) Power and fame are powerful drugs and guess who got the idea that they could use him?
74) Keep in mind Schiff’s grand aim:
75) “Thurmond [AS friend] says Schiff told him he wanted to run for president one day. ‘He denies ever having said that,’ Thurmond told me. ‘But I know he did.’”
75) Keep in mind also that Schiff started out as a dud onstage, because naturally boring:
“He just said what he thought and what he would do and that was that. I remember people putting their checkbooks back into their bags as they listened to him talk.”
77) Not to belabor this...but it’s like Schiff feels weak, inadequate, and no amount of kovod (Hebrew for respect) will ever be enough.
78) But he has to pretend—even to himself—that he is really virtuous.
79) Weak, insecure Schiff, lusting for the love that fame brings, was recruited by David Geffen (!!!!!!!) and the LA “establishment” to kick some Clinton-impeaching-Republican ass.
81) “Geffen and Steven Spielberg hosted his first fundraiser; early donors included DreamWorks co-founder Jeffrey Katzenberg, Power Rangers creator Haim Saban, and former MCA chair Lew Wasserman.”
82) “You lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.”
83) “Pedophile ring” DEN was founded by an abuser, his former victim, and a well-known child actor
“In “An Open Secret,” journalist John Connolly says Singer — who has continued directing for the “X-Men” franchise — and David Geffen were among DEN’s original backers, contributing a respective $50,000 and $250,000.”
85) To be clear: “Geffen was not accused of any misconduct in the suits nor named as a defendant. His attorney said that Geffen on occasion was a guest at parties given by DEN investors but recalls no one at them who appeared to be under age.” https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/found-the-elusive-man-at-the-heart-of-the-hollywood-sex-abus …
89) “Molly Ringwald Endured Years Of Sexual Harassment And Degrading Remarks
Jeffrey Katzenberg, who has denounced Harvey Weinstein, reportedly said he wouldn’t know the “Breakfast Club” actress “if she sat on my face.” https://www.huffpost.com/entry/molly-ringwald-sexual-harassment-harvey-weinstein-jeffrey-katzenberg_n_59e751a5e4b0d0e4fe6c5535 …
92) Once upon a time, Adam Schiff was a good boy.
94) The truth is, it can happen to any of us.
95) That is why we need to vote for leaders with a true desire to serve — those who will say the truth plainly.
96) Adam Schiff violates the cardinal rule of public office — he used his position for personal gain.
He peddled lies to please his backers.
98) “‘they should force him off the committee, or off the committee chair ... he should be forced out of office,’ Trump said in an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity. ‘He is a disgrace to our country.’” https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436186-trump-schiff-should-be-forced-out-of-office?amp …
You can follow @DrDannielle.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.