Mike Stuchbery 💀🍷 @MikeStuchbery_ Journalist, Teacher & Historian (@BylineTimes/@TheLocalEurope) ★ You met me at a very strange time in my life. Apr. 06, 2019 1 min read

To be fair to Sargon/Carl, there were those who switched from the KPD to the Nazis - especially as the thirties began.

We shouldn't go thinking that this was because they were ideologically similar - a hell of a lot more to do with SA numbers climbing & public opinion shifting.

I mean, this was especially true in Berlin, where the SA had gone balls out, so to speak, in recruiting & creating a presence in the street.- some made the switch.

Many clung to the KPD until it was essentially banned - a number of the first KZ inmates were staunch KPD.

Ok, now I need to have a shower.

Also, always remember Carl didn't challenge 'Tommy' when he claimed I sent dudes to his place with AK-47s.

You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.