Eric Garland @ericgarland Strategic intelligence analyst. Want to learn more about Trump-Russia? Check out Game Theory Today. www.ericgarland.co/game-theory-today-twitter/ Apr. 10, 2019 1 min read

Barr is just playing to the 4Chan/Trump crowd. WE CANNOT COMMIT ESPIONAGE ON OUR OWN SOIL. Investigations? Surveillance? Sure. With warrants.

We have the best privacy protections of any nation because of the 4th Amendment - go out of our way to make sure JUDGES approve SURVEILLANCE.

THAT ISN'T ESPIONAGE, IT'S LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Espionage is, I dunno, the Russian GRU agents infiltrating a presidential campaign.

Chinese sex traffickers spotting-and-assessing US politicians.

Mariia Butina.

When you say, like a moron, "IF IT'S WHAT YOU SAY, I LOVE IT!" in response to an offer from Russian spies, you get a law-based investigation.

Actively trying hang out with SVR agents like Carter Page? Um, yeah, you'll get investigated AFTER A FISA COURT APPROVES IT.

But that's not "spying." And for every US media outlet that parrots that term, they're helping spread Russian and Chinese propaganda. Because it's a lie.

And for every politician who attacks the credibility of U.S. institutions with a fourth-grade vocabulary and a second-grader's understanding...resign.

If they're doing it from stupidity, resign.

If they're doing it from compromise, they need to take their punishment and keep one last tiny chunk of dignity.

Otherwise...G-d, I wonder what they're holding over these guys.

Seems pretty bad. </>

You can follow @ericgarland.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.