Eric Garland @ericgarland Strategic intelligence analyst. Want to learn more about Trump-Russia? Check out Game Theory Today. www.ericgarland.co/game-theory-today-twitter/ Apr. 10, 2019 1 min read

Barr is just playing to the 4Chan/Trump crowd. WE CANNOT COMMIT ESPIONAGE ON OUR OWN SOIL. Investigations? Surveillance? Sure. With warrants.

We have the best privacy protections of any nation because of the 4th Amendment - go out of our way to make sure JUDGES approve SURVEILLANCE.

THAT ISN'T ESPIONAGE, IT'S LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Espionage is, I dunno, the Russian GRU agents infiltrating a presidential campaign.

Chinese sex traffickers spotting-and-assessing US politicians.

Mariia Butina.

When you say, like a moron, "IF IT'S WHAT YOU SAY, I LOVE IT!" in response to an offer from Russian spies, you get a law-based investigation.

Actively trying hang out with SVR agents like Carter Page? Um, yeah, you'll get investigated AFTER A FISA COURT APPROVES IT.

But that's not "spying." And for every US media outlet that parrots that term, they're helping spread Russian and Chinese propaganda. Because it's a lie.

And for every politician who attacks the credibility of U.S. institutions with a fourth-grade vocabulary and a second-grader's understanding...resign.

If they're doing it from stupidity, resign.

If they're doing it from compromise, they need to take their punishment and keep one last tiny chunk of dignity.

Otherwise...G-d, I wonder what they're holding over these guys.

Seems pretty bad. </>

You can follow @ericgarland.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.