Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts Founder of @MomsDemand, grassroots army of @Everytown fighting for gun safety. Book “Fight Like A Mother” out May 28. IG: instagram.com/shannonrwatts Apr. 11, 2019 1 min read

Police found a handgun loaded with hollow-point bullets in his car trunk, which was parked outside a Minnesota high school: “I’m at school and don’t know what I'm going to do," he wrote a relative. “I seem to lack the fortitude to take this gun out and start shooting.” #mnleg

Four more guns were recovered from his apartment, including a bolt-action rifle; a pump-style Remington rifle; a handgun; and a Ruger 10/22 with a scope and an extended capacity magazine. He also had accessories to enable "fully automatic capabilities."

This is why the Minnesota Senate must pass the Red Flag bill that passed the House. This man had no criminal background and hadn't been adjudicated mentally ill. Right now, Minnesota police can't temporarily remove guns from those who pose a danger to themselves or others.

Tell Minnesota friends and family to text MINNESOTA to 644-33 to urge their lawmakers to support Expanding background checks and to enact Red Flag laws.

http://Onethingtodo.org 

You can follow @shannonrwatts.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.