David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. Apr. 11, 2019 1 min read

What's happening to Ilhan Omar is US politics in miniature. The right instantly unified behind grotesque bad-faith attacks. Did the left similarly unify in her defense? Ha, no. Just a bunch of hand-wringing about how many that ONE thing she said was KINDA bad if you squint...

I know it's an old joke that the left refuses to take its own side in a fight, but sometimes it really pisses me off.

I should add: hand-wringing *meant to impress other hand-wringers*. No one on the right appreciates your very high-minded ability to see all the nuances. They view it as blood in the water, reason to re-double any attack.

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.