Carole Cadwalladr @carolecadwalla Late adopter. Late giver-upper. Guardian & Observer writer. Apr. 17, 2019 1 min read

3 years ago, I was utterly unable to speak in public. I took betablockers to speak at my own father’s funeral. And on Monday I did this. Love me, loathe me...whatever. But human to human, please try & recognise how urgent I believe this is by the sheer fucking terror in my voice

‘This is not about left or right or Leave or Remain or Trump or not. It’s about whether it’s possible to have a free & fair election ever again.’ Full video here. Please watch. And pls politicians, don’t even think of new election before passing new laws
 https://www.ted.com/talks/carole_cadwalladr_facebook_s_role_in_brexit_and_the_threat_to_democracy?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tedspread 

Finally, @facebook is actually sponsoring #TED2019. And this was deeply uncomfortable & unsettling for them & others. Kudos & great thanks to courage of @TEDTalks & @TEDchris & @CyndiStivers for giving me the space to speak. And to the amazing audience who cheered me on 👏👏👏

You can follow @carolecadwalla.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.