Matthew Ball @ballmatthew Venture investor, strategist, essayist, that guy on Twitter. Prev. Head of Strategy @AmazonStudios, ex-Otter Media, @MediaREDEF. 🇨🇦 Apr. 19, 2019 1 min read

1/ On Netflix's promise to start sharing more data

In investment banking, there's something known as the "league tables", which stack up which banks underwrote the most IPOs/bonds/etc. They're organized by sector, size, geography, etc.

It's used to win deals, compare, reward

2/ When I was just starting out, I asked an ibanker friend what he did that day.

His answer: "I had to find out how far back we had to go such that [bank] was the #1 underwriter of Canadian mid-market downstream oil companies. Answer was from 1967 to date"

3/ Netflix is going to share data. But they've no auditing partners.

They will share data that they define the rules for, that's consistent with their objectives, needs and image - whether it's period, or completion percentage, or user cohort, or what have you. Useless

4/ "JD Power award for most reliable new five-door compact sporty car" (this is real)

You can follow @ballmatthew.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.