Nikita S @singareddynm ops + data @oscarhealth 🤖 growth + special projects @thingtesting_ 📝 interviewing women in vc 👩🏾‍💻 negotiatingtheterms.com/ Apr. 21, 2019 1 min read

Moving apartments and buying/renting furniture has made me realize that Affirm financing - at 0% APR - is brilliant.

I’ve converted and made purchases I wouldn’t have otherwise on Wayfair, Brooklinen and Floyd 🛏

I also bought a few items on Craigslist, which was great! But the last mile problem killed any of the savings (at least $30+ on an Uber). Renting furniture - with the company delivering and putting the pieces together - became the better option.

All props to @leanluxe and its community! I wouldn’t have tried these design-forward furniture and lifestyle brands if it weren’t for Paul and friends’ recommendations.

Even Snap knows I’m getting furniture for a new spot..

To add onto this thread: why DOESN’T Uber/Lyft/etc have a moving van option? 🚛

Drivers with XL vehicles could designate themselves as moving cars, let’s say at 2X the typical route cost. Definitely still cheaper for consumers than Budget or Enterprise.

You can follow @singareddynm.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.