Nikita S @singareddynm investor @rre ventures (seed, A, B) 👩🏾‍💻 keeping tech weird on spaceship earth, serial experimenter 🤖 ex @oscarhealth @thegovlab stats @columbia Apr. 21, 2019 1 min read

Moving apartments and buying/renting furniture has made me realize that Affirm financing - at 0% APR - is brilliant.

I’ve converted and made purchases I wouldn’t have otherwise on Wayfair, Brooklinen and Floyd 🛏

I also bought a few items on Craigslist, which was great! But the last mile problem killed any of the savings (at least $30+ on an Uber). Renting furniture - with the company delivering and putting the pieces together - became the better option.

All props to @leanluxe and its community! I wouldn’t have tried these design-forward furniture and lifestyle brands if it weren’t for Paul and friends’ recommendations.

Even Snap knows I’m getting furniture for a new spot..

To add onto this thread: why DOESN’T Uber/Lyft/etc have a moving van option? 🚛

Drivers with XL vehicles could designate themselves as moving cars, let’s say at 2X the typical route cost. Definitely still cheaper for consumers than Budget or Enterprise.

You can follow @singareddynm.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.