Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC Congresswoman for NY-14 (the Bronx & Queens). In a modern, moral, and wealthy society, no American should be too poor to live. 💯% People-Funded, no lobbyist💰. Apr. 25, 2019 1 min read

Just got back from a few (mostly) unplugged days visiting my abuela in PR, and I see the President is tweeting about me.

Just another day at the office! 😊

I rep one of the strongest concentrations of veterans in NYC. The Bronx VA provides excellent care and community for our vets, who sing its praises.

The way to improve VA care & reduce wait times (which can be shorter than priv care!) is by fully funding it - not privatizing it.

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts.

Fully funding the VA & hiring to fill the *49k vacancies* is a clear path to improving it - not auctioning off our vet care systems to for-profit companies.

You can follow @AOC.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.