FOUR IMPEACHMENT FACTS
(1) A House impeachment is just an indictment—the Senate tries the case.
(2) It *never* leads to conviction.
(3) The party that does it doesn't pay any medium- or long-term price.
(4) The purpose of it is to set—in the annals of history—an ethical marker.
FOUR IMPEACHMENT LIES
(1) You can't impeach until both parties see proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
(2) There's no point in impeachment unless you can get a conviction.
(3) The impeaching party pays a price (note: Republicans never have).
(4) The sole purpose of it is removal.
FOUR IMPEACHMENT REVELATIONS
(1) You can impeach a president for being a national security threat.
(2) Many of the things you can be impeached for aren't statutory crimes.
(3) Senators can apply any standard of proof they like.
(4) An airing of all the facts would *hurt* Trump.
You can follow @SethAbramson.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.