FOUR IMPEACHMENT FACTS
(1) A House impeachment is just an indictment—the Senate tries the case.
(2) It *never* leads to conviction.
(3) The party that does it doesn't pay any medium- or long-term price.
(4) The purpose of it is to set—in the annals of history—an ethical marker.
FOUR IMPEACHMENT LIES
(1) You can't impeach until both parties see proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
(2) There's no point in impeachment unless you can get a conviction.
(3) The impeaching party pays a price (note: Republicans never have).
(4) The sole purpose of it is removal.
FOUR IMPEACHMENT REVELATIONS
(1) You can impeach a president for being a national security threat.
(2) Many of the things you can be impeached for aren't statutory crimes.
(3) Senators can apply any standard of proof they like.
(4) An airing of all the facts would *hurt* Trump.
You can follow @SethAbramson.