Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Apr. 26, 2019 1 min read

Trophoblasts invade like cancer. A fetus does impact blood flow and the immune system. What exactly is your issue here?

Placenta acreta and percreta? OMG talk about invasion. And by strict definition a fetus could be considered a parasite.

I hope @StanfordMed teaches about trophoblastic invasion into the myometrium and how pregnancy affects the maternal immune system.

And

Saying a fetus is a parasite does not mean you are saying it is a tapeworm.

Unless you have looked at a placenta invading bladder and bowel because it grew right threw the uterus you should refrain from commenting how “unlike” the placenta-fetal complex is from cancer

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.