Seth Abramson (@🏠)+ Your Authors @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. Proof of Corruption (preorder: amzn.to/2TcvDsH) and NYT bestseller Proof of Conspiracy (amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor @UofNH. Apr. 27, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

RT has asked me to go on its air *multiple* times. Because it's Kremlin propaganda, I've always refused. Aaron J. Maté (@aaronjmate) had no problem being a Kremlin mouthpiece, however—when the Kremlin came calling, he said "yes" and became its interlocutor for the Mueller Report.

1/ Maté has been a Trump-Russia denier from Day 1—he blocked me on Twitter in 2017, I believe. RT has had him in their scopes for 2 years now, as surely he knew when he agreed to go on its air and transmute his ill-researched cynicism into literal, straight-up Kremlin propaganda.

2/ That YouTube sent 24% of its users to Maté (@aaronjmate) to process the Mueller Report is horrifying. It had hundreds of mainstream takes it could've algorithmically recommended—let alone experts who fully understand the threat the Kremlin poses—but no.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/04/26/youtube-recommended-russian-media-site-above-all-others-analysis-mueller-report-watchdog-group-says/?utm_term=.67ec061719ae 

3/ The Trump-Russia scandal was called "Russiagate" in its earliest weeks, but the name fell out of favor quickly—with "Trump-Russia" becoming the preferred adjective. Anyone who says "Russiagate" with that knowledge—as Maté does—is like a "birther" saying "Barack Hussein Obama."

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.