David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. Apr. 29, 2019 1 min read

Just saw this reaction to Beto's climate plan from Sunrise. If they are going to insist that candidates pretend to support "net zero emissions by 2030" -- an obviously & ludicrously impossible goal that I've been telling people they DON'T support -- then I'm done defending them.

I'm all for ambition & urgency. But this goes beyond that. This is being a child, stomping your feet in the corner, insisting people tell you soothing bedtime stories. It's an insult to people who have spent their careers wrestling with these practical problems.

Beyond that, if the whole f'ing GND movement just devolves into another "stan Bernie or you're evil" cudgel for lefties to beat everyone else in the head with ... I swear to god I'm gonna jump off a bridge.

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.