Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Apr. 30, 2019 1 min read

States enacted as many new abortion restrictions in the past 5 years as previous 15 (at grand rounds given by @doctorjenn)

In 2019, 21 states are hostile or very hostile to abortion rights. #abortiongrandrounds

Trigger bans are increasing, laws that would make abortion illegal in a state if Roe is overturned #abortiongrandrounds

The NY law that was just passed is about protecting abortion if Roe is overturned, California has a similar law. Forced birthers were able to twist that to mean infanticide #abortiongrandrounds

8 states have laws preventing sex selective abortions.
Read what I think about that here:  https://drjengunter.com/2016/04/12/check-your-privilege-and-your-facts-before-discussing-sex-selective-abortion/ 

#abortiongrandrounds

24 states have TRAP laws which govern things like corridor width or room size or admitting privileges. Dentists can do procedures and have no admitting privileges. It is about preventing abortion not patient safety #abortiongrandrounds

Abortions in California are decreasing. This is because of increased contraception. So affordable care act + no restrictive laws.
43% of CA counties have no abortion clinics but only 5% of women live in those counties
Versus 89% and 38% for rest of country #abortiongrandrounds

We have the same law as the new law in New York but no one is crying about “infanticide” in California
We have mid level provers in CA who do abortions safely and parental consent is not required. We have data to show this is safe.
#abortiongrandrounds

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.