Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy, @StMartinsPress: t.co/iK2Sbuee4H. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. May. 01, 2019 1 min read

WASHINGTON POST: "Mueller felt the media coverage of the [Barr] letter was misinterpreting the investigation."

Jesus. I wrote a 451-tweet thread trying to get that message across—because I couldn't think of any other way to sound the alarm—and now Mueller confirms my diagnosis.

1/ One of the many errors I said media was making was that it was treating the SCO investigation as just a criminal investigation rather than also a counterintelligence investigation. Secondly, I noted that Mueller had farmed out a good deal of his work and it *remained ongoing*.

2/ I also said on HBO that Mueller was trying to pass a body of evidence to Congress to further investigate, a viewpoint even a craven Trumpist like Rosenstein seemed to confirm when he conceded several days ago that DOJ is *not* the final finder of fact, implying *Congress* is.

3/ I said on Twitter, further, that the excessive media focus on the second volume of the Report was obscuring the even more damning and harrowing revelations that came in the *first* volume of the Report, all of which would require massive additional Congressional investigation.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.