Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. NYT bestselling author of a book on Trump's Iran policy, Proof of Conspiracy (Macmillan, amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor. May. 01, 2019 1 min read

WASHINGTON POST: "Mueller felt the media coverage of the [Barr] letter was misinterpreting the investigation."

Jesus. I wrote a 451-tweet thread trying to get that message across—because I couldn't think of any other way to sound the alarm—and now Mueller confirms my diagnosis.

1/ One of the many errors I said media was making was that it was treating the SCO investigation as just a criminal investigation rather than also a counterintelligence investigation. Secondly, I noted that Mueller had farmed out a good deal of his work and it *remained ongoing*.

2/ I also said on HBO that Mueller was trying to pass a body of evidence to Congress to further investigate, a viewpoint even a craven Trumpist like Rosenstein seemed to confirm when he conceded several days ago that DOJ is *not* the final finder of fact, implying *Congress* is.

3/ I said on Twitter, further, that the excessive media focus on the second volume of the Report was obscuring the even more damning and harrowing revelations that came in the *first* volume of the Report, all of which would require massive additional Congressional investigation.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.