Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy @StMartinsPress: tinyurl.com/y484j4ku. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. May. 02, 2019 1 min read

Those who claim Barr didn't lie under oath about the Mueller letter because he credibly said he didn't know what Mueller's *staff* believed when Crist asked about them should remember that Barr also said under oath that he thought Mueller's letter had been written by staff. Oops!

1/ More importantly, even after everyone in America had seen the Mueller letter, and seen that it said Mueller's problem was with *Barr's letter*—not with media coverage of the letter—Barr lied to Congress under oath about what Mueller's basis of concern was. A lie in plain view.

2/ So while I respect Benjamin Wittes, I don't know how *anyone* reads Barr's testimonies without finding lies under oath. I only grazed the surface here. Pelosi wasn't overreacting in saying Barr committed a crime. Dems rolled over when Sessions did so; I'm glad they're not now.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.