Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy @StMartinsPress: tinyurl.com/y3co6tcr. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. May. 03, 2019 1 min read

Trump's foreign policy is the product of impeachable bribery. His venality, identified by hostile foreign nations well before the 2016 election, led to him aiding and abetting foreign crimes through what US law calls "inducement" (in Trump's case, in the form of policy promises).

1/ The craziest part is, most Americans believe this. No one thinks that Trump has any native views on Russia policy, Saudi policy, Emirati policy, or frankly any political issue at all. His views are wholly the product of his determination about where the money is at (for him).

2/ I couldn't tell you why Mueller decided bribery and aiding and abetting was outside the scope of his probe. But we do know that he referred at least one bribery case to the EDNY, though the Trump bribery those defendants were working on is just a tiny part of the larger story.

3/ My point: no one ever seriously accused Donald Trump of a before-the-fact conspiracy with the IRA or GRU. So when talking with friends, tell them that you (and frankly they) believe that Trump was bribed and that those bribes induced (further) Russian crimes. Because they did.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.