Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, lawyer (U.C. Berkeley). My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ My author website is here: www.terikanefield.com/ May. 04, 2019 1 min read

(1/3) Trump's endgame.

This morning, Trump tweeted this👇

As the truth about Trump is brought more into the open, he will resort to tactics intended to keep the left spinning and outraged, and his base energized.

Trump is not planning a traditional legal defense.

1/ I've written about Trump's "endgame" and his strategy as the investigations close in.

What he's doing now is exactly what we can expect.

It [looks] unhinged and crazy.

I argue there's a method along with the madness. If you missed it, see 👇

2/ This is the worst possible response👇 and it's not true.

Our institutions are holding out. The House is fighting back. Mueller is about to testify. Courts are ruling against Trump. (I have threads on this)

Trump's desperation is a sign that our institutions are holding.

3/ It's worst response is because it is EXACTLY how Putin and Trump want you to feel.

One point of Active Measures is to undermine confidence in democracy, because when that happens, democracy dies.

Please see👇

4/ Bad phrasing in Tweet 2: I should have said, "I'm confident Mueller will testify." It is being negotiated. I'm confident he wants to, and that there is no way for the DOJ to stop it.

(I also ended up with more than the 3 tweets I planned)

End/

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.