Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy @StMartinsPress: tinyurl.com/y484j4ku. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. May. 06, 2019 1 min read

Anyone notice that—for all their hand-wringing about how unfair Pelosi's comments are—there doesn't seem to be even ONE Trump adviser willing to clearly and unambiguously say he will leave office if defeated in 2020? Conway says, "he'll accept his successful re-election results."

1/ I mean, it's *not* a hard question to answer. Any Trump adviser could simply say, "Of *course* he will leave office if defeated in 2020, and I've never heard anything privately to suggest he has any intention besides doing so. And I'd never work for someone who would do that."

2/ Why *won't* any Trump adviser say that? They'd be risking getting fired. Trump wants to preserve his options in the event of a close election he loses, some crazy gambit to get an "extra 2 years" (cf. Graham), or going full-on fascist. He'll dump anyone who limits his options.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.