Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. May. 09, 2019 1 min read

The news just gets grimmer and grimmer.
For years I feel like many people have been warning that abortions laws would not just harm people who can get pregnant by sending them to back alleys or having them die of pregnancy complications. 1.

We have said these laws will be used to criminalize miscarriage. We saw early evidence of that in Indiana.
But we were hysterical. Over reacting. Politicians, almost all men of privilege, said forget abortion. 2

And here we are.
Abortion will be illegal in Georgia and miscarriages will be criminalized. DAs want to be hard on abortion. It helps them advance politically 3

And traveling for an abortion? That will be punishable? Wow.

The Georgia law will be challenged. Hopefully it will be overturned. But it will likely go to the Supreme Court. And look who will rule on it. 4

Roe is going to fall if Trump is re elected.
One of these laws or the next one will be worded in such a way that 5 disgusting men will think is is not an undue burden. The facts will be irrelevant.
Sorry to be such a voice of gloom, but that’s how I see it 5

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.