Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. May. 10, 2019 1 min read

Forced birth laws from the @gop are ways to raise campaign cash. Being tough on wanton women is profitable. Then DAs use these laws to in turn be tough on evil women. They don’t give a shit about the langauge or facts, the more inflammatory the better for fundraising.

I have actually called a state legislator at his home, some jack ass who introduced the law to ban abortions at KU Med Center unless the life of the mother was in jeopardy. He said, “Sure, do whatever you think doctor” 2

If whatever I thought was good enough why the law 🤔
Because it is not about the actual abortion, if it were he would have said no. The law served its purpose — voter appeasement and fundraising 3

Facts will not stop these forced birth bills. We need to sway public opinion somehow. They have to become unprofitable. 4

Otherwise it is going to take a lot of women being maimed and dying from back alley procedures. But even then back in the day prosecution of the woman who survived a clandestine abortion was uncommon.
It’s a whole new Gilead, so buckle up. 5

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.