Carole Cadwalladr @carolecadwalla Late adopter. Late giver-upper. Guardian & Observer writer. May. 13, 2019 1 min read

I tried to hold Jeremy Kyle show to account and I failed. I witnessed it endangering life of vulnerable mentally ill young man. And now a guest is dead. This is sanctioned abuse & bullying that’s been in plain sight for years
 https://www.theguardian.com/media/2008/sep/07/itv.television 

We should have zero tolerance for bullying in any form. It’s rife in media industry, both on & off screen. And those who try to take a stand against it are persecuted for doing so. On the morning after #BAFTA hope there some senior execs are reflecting on this

...stand up for other people. If you see others being bullied, call it out. And remember if they can do it to you, they will do it to others....& I say this & yet I’m still struggling with personal experience that I have been unable to confront.

...logging off now as in flight about to take off. But this toxic culture of bullying that Kyle harnessed is what the country has become. Hold. Power. To. Account. Let’s not put up with this shit

You can follow @carolecadwalla.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.