A.R. Moxon (Julius Goat) @JuliusGoat Novelist—THE REVISIONARIES coming 12/3/19 tinyurl.com/yxkldcx7 Newsletter: tinyletter.com/ARMoxon Blog: armoxon.com/ He/him May. 14, 2019 1 min read

I don’t *hate* “christian” bigots; I just don’t see why they have to try to foist their sinful lifestyle onto others.

Look, evangelicals can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home, but just don’t shove peoples face in it. Purity balls? MAGA hats? How do I explain that kind of perversion to my kids?

Mike Pence should rest assured that we love the sinner but hate the sin.

Imagine if we didn’t. We might sue for the right to fire people whose beliefs offended us, or separate them from their children, or nullify their marriages.

And what kind of monster does that?

Can you imagine if we were the sorts of people who wanted to charge young mothers grieving a miscarriage with murder, just to satisfy our own sense of self-righteousness, elected a white supremacist criminal to enact it for us, and then whined that people were being stand-offish?

I mean, I can imagine being the sort of person who believed eternity was a gated community for only me and torture for everyone else, then worked with all my heart and all my soul and all my strength to enact that reality on earth.

But to also want to be admired for it?

Sick.

You can follow @JuliusGoat.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.