Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. May. 14, 2019 1 min read

It is hard. But I get the outcome I want. So the mental space I used to obsess about my weight and health negatively has been replaced with this constructive mental work.

This is an important point for me. When I was overweight I thought about it constantly. How I “failed” eating each day. I could go on and on about the negative thought. Journaling is a constructive thought. So it is mental space neutral for me to journal. It was a switch.

Journaling keeps me accountable otherwise I lie to myself about food. All the time. For me, on weeks I journal religiously I maintain or lose (if that was the goal), when I don’t I gain. It takes effort to get any outcome with anything. For me, journaling helps.

I’ve been journaling for 8 years. This long in it is just a thing I do. I feel no negative feelings if I go over my daily 1,650 calories. It is really like a speedometer. Data that tells me where I am. I log even when I go over. Then if I gain weight I can see why and adjust.

This does not mean I am an expert. The best way to achieve a weight goal you want is the way that works for you (that excludes unhealthy, super restrictive plans). I am just sharing what worked for me.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.