Rick Scott @SenRickScott Senator from the great state of Florida. Fighting for Florida families and to Make Washington Work. #LetsGetToWork instagram.com/flsenrickscott May. 14, 2019 1 min read

My Make Washington Work plans includes 3 constitutional amendments and one bill to change federal statues.

Part 1: a supermajority to raises any taxes or fees. We did this in the state of Florida. We can do it in Washington.

Part 2: a constitutional amendment establishing #TermLimits on members of the House and the Senate. No Member of Congress would be permitted to serve longer than 12 years.

It’s clear that Congress is NOT working for the people. We need to end the practice of career politicians.

Part 3: we need line-item veto authority for the President of the United States. This is something that I had as Governor that allowed me to veto wasteful spending.

The federal government has a spending problem. A line item veto would help solve that problem.

Lastly, my Make Washington Work plan includes a bill to amend the Legislative Reorganization Act of 1946 to eliminate automatic pay raises for Members of Congress.

Congress hasn’t done its job. Its members shouldn’t be getting a pay raise.

You can follow @SenRickScott.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.