Carole Cadwalladr @carolecadwalla Late adopter. Late giver-upper. Guardian & Observer writer. May. 20, 2019 1 min read

Polite request to @BBCPolitics. Is this fair? To allow people I’ve been investigating like Banks & Phillips, below, a platform to slag me off on air? Without revealing she worked for Cambridge Analytica - who I exposed. Or asking her anything about it?

She describes herself as Farage’s head of media. She previously worked for him in European Parliament. And in between this Brexit Party candidate worked for Cambridge Analytica in notorious Kenyan election marked by strange deaths & annulled result...

And I think this is what she meant by ‘sloppy & absurd journalism’: evidence I put on Twitter that her party is accepting foreign donations & involved with convicted money launderer. Idea that totally fine because <£500 limit is what’s absurd

Phillips is running for public office. She needs to be asked this stuff & this was probably only chance. She deleted this tweet after @privacyint, among others, revealed she had worked for Jubilee (Kenyatta’s party) while at CA. And she, like Farage, has never responded to my qs

You can follow @carolecadwalla.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.