Raman Ksaitor.eth @ksaitor Started @CryptoJobsList when I was looking for a dev job in crypto… now helping 20k+ people get one too! 👨‍💻 Serial maker. Also @BitcoinFear May. 21, 2019 1 min read

Building a new app:

📧 Email to PDF Converter

1. Forward any email/receipt to [email protected]
2. We convert it to PDF and email it back to you. (Emails aren't stored 👻)
3. Receive your PDF. Forward it further or download.

Check it out 👇
 https://emailtopdf.it 

This is perhaps the most niche product i've ever built.

The motivation is: accounting & accounting software (e.g. @Xero )

The problem is that @xero does not process HTML receipts. You need to send a PDF or and image to it for processing

I get ton of SaaS receipts that don't contain an attached PDF receipt/invoice. So I thought it would be convenient to just forward a receipt to an address ([email protected]) and get back a PDF version of it and forward it to @xero next.

That's exactly what i've built!

Here is a receipt from @papertrailapp and I forward it to [email protected]

Getting back an attached PDF with the receipt in it

👻 One of the features is that email content does not get stored on my servers. At the moment you just need to take my word for it — that i'm not storing anything.

However, how do I prove that nothing gets stored? (without publishing my source code) 🤔

Most important questions are:
🤔 What are the other use cases for this?
💰 What people / businesses might need this the most?
🛠️ What other features you'd like to have?

Considering adding @zapier support - so that you can add custom rules on what happens with your PDF after it gets converted.

Would that be useful? What would you use it for?

You can follow @ksaitor.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.