Walter Shaub @waltshaub former Director of @OfficeGovEthics now with @CREWcrew personal account - views are my own May. 21, 2019 1 min read

I'd like to hear Trump's congressional allies declare what, if anything, would be a red line they won't let Trump cross. Deploying the military to hometown America to enforce immigration law? Ignoring a court ruling? Attacking Iran? Deploying military observers to election sites?

Because we now know they don't mind his failing to report Russia's offer of help, ordering the Special Counsel's firing, firing FBI's Director and the Attorney General for allowing him to be investigated, sending the military to the border and blocking Congressional oversight.

...and we know that most of them haven't even bothered to read the Mueller report, relying instead on the propaganda issued by the dangerous partisan who leads DOJ, and that they don't care that nearly 1000 former prosecutors say they'd charge him on the evidence in that report.

So I hope Trump's partisan allies in Congress think through just how far they'll let him go toward replacing democracy with authoritarian rule because it's plain to see that there is no point at which he will ever stop himself until Congress, the courts or the people stop him.

You can follow @waltshaub.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.