Sister Outrider @ClaireShrugged Black Radical Feminist ♀✊🏾 | Author 📖 | Blogger ✍🏾 Get in touch: [email protected] May. 21, 2019 1 min read

I was invited to speak on a panel about women’s rights, and felt deeply afraid to accept because of the protests planned. But it makes me so angry that people are trying to intimidate women out of organising together. So I am going to use my voice. I am going to accept.

Fear is a powerful silencing tactic. But I refuse to let it push me out of public conversations about women’s rights and liberation. I will not sit back and watch while other women are shamed for their feminist advocacy work.

Sisterhood is the driving force behind my life and politics. I believe in a sisterhood that bridges differences of race, class, sexuality, nationality, ability, and age to encompass all women. That sisterhood is powerful. (And so am I.)

Since I have expressed anxiety over potential aggression from protestors, women have offered to walk in with me, helped me plan safety strategies, and suggested meeting up beforehand. I’ll say it again: sisterhood is powerful.

You can follow @ClaireShrugged.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.