Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC Congresswoman for NY-14 (the Bronx & Queens). In a modern, moral, and wealthy society, no American should be too poor to live. 💯% People-Funded, no lobbyist💰. May. 22, 2019 1 min read

Perhaps an unpopular opinion: I don’t believe endorsements are a particular “test of influence.”

I think it’s insulting to both the candidate and organizers working tirelessly to imply that.

Endorsements don’t determine campaigns - organizers do.

I endorsed @CabanForQueens for DA not out of a “power move,” but because to me it feels like the right thing to do.

Electing a public defender to a DA’s position with her platform could be transformative, &the organizers busting their butts on the ground have earned recognition.

When I ran last year, everyone and their cousin endorsed my opponent.

After he lost,did people imply that the Gov’s endorsement wasn’t powerful anymore? That virtually every single union in NYC no longer had influence?

No! It was about the candidates and the race. It always is.

You can follow @AOC.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.