David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. May. 22, 2019 1 min read

I am just one dude online, but from the beginning, I have always seen more people mocking the left for embracing Avenatti than I ever saw actual leftists embracing him.

There should be a name for this category: where bashing the left for doing X just fits the narrative so well that the internet is perpetually filled with it, despite actual examples of the left doing X being relatively rare.

I put "disdaining Middle Americans" in this category. For every example of actual disdain from an actual liberal of any note, I can find several dozen smarmy lectures against such disdain. It fits the narrative so well that it no longer requires evidence.

Also, I wish I could say it was conservatives most guilty of this, but haughtily scorning the "resistance" for things like its (mostly imaginary) embrace of Avenatti is in fact the favorite indoor sport of elite Dems & journalists.

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.