Alissa Walker+ Your Authors @awalkerinLA I'm a writer, a gelato-eater, and a walker in LA. Urbanism editor at @Curbed. Easter-themed Peeps only, please. More 👧🏼👶🏼 and 🚲🚶🏼‍♀️🚍 on Instagram. May. 23, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

“The cars don’t service the environment and they don’t service the people,” says @chinchilla1970 on why Wakanda has no cars. “In Wakanda, there’s access to everything and there’s access for everyone.” #CityofTomorrow

Even though there’s transportation access throughout Wakanda, says @chinchilla1970, “that doesn’t mean everything is urbanized.” She points to certain rural provinces in the film. “They don’t want to be technologically advanced—but they still have access.” #CityofTomorrow

As part of her research to design Wakanda, @chinchilla1970 traveled to cities over the world and talked to people on the streets about the community changes they wanted. “We need to be more humble about the places we find solutions.” #CityofTomorrow

I know she’s gotta make more Black Panther movies but cities should be hiring Hannah Beachler to teach them how to do engagement. She made more smart comments about listening to communities than most planners I’ve interviewed. #CityofTomorrow

You can follow @awalkerinLA.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader