Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. May. 24, 2019 1 min read

If your goal is to reduce abortion you need:
-free, accessible contraception
- early, accurate sex ed
- free, quality maternity care
- to to reduce poverty
- reduce domestic violence

Abortion laws only reduce safe abortion.

The hypocrisy is stunning.

Also, mandatory vaccines because measles is super bad in pregnancy (and other times as well) as is influenza.
But no one writing laws that provide the illusion of abortion control care about the facts.
The punishment is the point.

EVERY LAW DESIGNED TO REDUCE ABORTION WILL NOT REDUCE THE ABORTION RATE
So what is the point?
Hold them accountable!!! Ask THIS question reporters: abortion laws do not reduce the rate of abortion, so what is the point of this legislation, sir?
I beg of you.

I know these lawmakers don’t really care. I have called one at home to ask to save a woman’s life. You can read about it here:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/opinion/abortion-laws.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share 

As abortion laws do not change the rate of abortion that cannot be their purpose. They exist to:
- punish
- raise campaign funds

CALL THEM OUT FOR WHAT THEY ARE

I am not here to beg for crumbs. I demand the whole cake. Abortion is health care, take it out of the criminal code.
Rape exemptions and maternal life exemptions are lip service. Don’t get distracted.

And stop with the Bill Clinton “abortion should be legal, safe and rare” bullshit.
You know what should be rare?
- inadequate access to contraception
- low vaccination rates
- poverty
- domestic violence
- inadequate access to health care

It’s not about choice, it’s about facts. The facts is if a woman wants an abortion, she will get it. Laws determine if it is safe for her or not.

There is no pro life, they are pro lie.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.