Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy @StMartinsPress: tinyurl.com/y3co6tcr. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. May. 26, 2019 1 min read

(NOTE) Hope Hicks lied to the country repeatedly on both Russia and obstruction, and subsequently admitted she had done so. She may have a moral code, but it has not yet been demonstrated to the country. So as far as I'm concerned, her considering ignoring a subpoena is on brand.

(NOTE2) I agree with those who say the New York Times humiliated itself by positioning Hope Hicks as a sympathetic figure and her decision over whether to break the law an "existential" question rather than merely yet another test of basic human decency that she's likely to fail.

(NOTE3) Certain people, and Hicks is one of them, made the decision to work for a venal, dishonest, and dangerous politician with their eyes wide open about what he was and how he planned to harm the country. It would take a lifetime of repentance for them to re-earn my sympathy.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.