Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy, @StMartinsPress: t.co/iK2Sbuee4H. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. May. 26, 2019 1 min read

The number of lies here is STUNNING. Two federal agents were in a relationship pre-election and blew off steam in texts. There's ZERO evidence they ACTED inappropriately—a REVIEW was done to ensure it. Cheney turns pre-election texts into a *treasonous coup of a president*.

JFC.

1/ America is losing hold on reality because media keeps bringing on people who are living in an alternate, fact-free reality and/or who lie so persistently the media can't keep up with them. STOP HAVING THESE PEOPLE ON. REPORT FACTS. DON'T CODDLE PROPAGANDISTS. How hard is this?

2/ Liz Cheney is so deep in her well of BS she hasn't only treated texts as actions, hasn't only ignored that this has already undergone a *full review*, she's CHANGING WHEN THINGS HAPPENED to pretend these texts were sent post-election and involved a president. NO. They did NOT.

3/ I don't like tweeting words in all caps. I don't like feeling like I need to shout. But if you're a U.S. journalist and you've seen Liz Cheney go in front of a microphone already and CONSTRUCT A PERSONAL FANTASY about things that never happened, why would you bring her on-air?

4/ Look at this way: if I went on-air—on CNN or the BBC—and accused people who sent stupid texts pre-election and were already punished for it of COMMITTING A DEATH PENALTY-ELIGIBLE OFFENSE, do you think anyone would bring me on-air again? But we'll keep seeing Liz over and over.

5/ There HAS to come a time when media decides that certain people have made statements on-air so outlandish that they're not allowed back. Kellyanne Conway only gets so many lies. Sarah Huckabee Sanders only gets so many lies. Cheney only gets so many lies. There MUST be a line.

6/ I hope everyone reading this understands I'm talking about LYING, not policy. If Liz Cheney wanted to come on-air daily and call abortion "murder" I'd say fine, she's still an eligible guest for cable/network news. But what she did today is of a completely different character.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.