DHH @dhh Creator of Ruby on Rails, Founder & CTO at Basecamp, NYT best-selling author, and Le Mans 24h class-winning racing driver. May. 27, 2019 1 min read

I agree the privilege smudge can get a bit much at times, but this is some grade-A privilege laundering. Conflating common concerns of wealth and hereditary social class with imaginary concerns against “existing”. Don’t mind the gaps here, we are all just alive, amiright?!

“Don’t hate me for my obscene wealth, afforded to me by the grace of being born to the right parents and sent to the right exclusive schools. I’m just trying to keep that advantage and privilege contained to my existence and my kids. Of course I’m smiling when I’m winning 🤑!”

"You are blocked from following @naval and viewing @naval's Tweets" 👌

You can follow @dhh.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.